The traditional WAN (wide-area network) function is to connect users at the branch offices to applications hosted on servers in the data center. Typically, dedicated MPLS circuits is used to help ensure security, QoS and reliable connectivity.
In today’s IT world employee productivity may be compromised by SaaS-application performance problems. WAN expenses can rise with inefficient use of dedicated and backup circuits. IT fights a daily, complex battle of connecting multiple types of users with multiple types of devices to multiple cloud environments.
Overcoming Today’s IT challenges
Times have changed for many IT directors. As businesses adopt the use of SaaS and infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) applications in multiple clouds, IT is realizing that the user application experience is poor. That is because traditional WANs are not designed for the unprecedented explosion of WAN traffic that cloud adoption brings. That traffic causes management complexity, application-performance unpredictability, and data vulnerability.
SD-WAN addresses the current IT challenges. With a new approach to network connectivity that can lower operational costs and improve bandwidth for multisite deployments. Network administrators can use bandwidth more efficiently and can help ensure high levels of performance for critical applications without sacrificing security or data privacy.
Secure access service edge (SASE) is a network architecture that combines VPN and SD-WAN capabilities with cloud-native security functions such as secure web gateways, cloud access security, firewalls, and zero-trust network access. These functions are delivered from the cloud and provided as a service by the SASE/SD WAN vendor.
How can I benefit from a SASE model?
The SASE model consolidates numerous networking and security functions–traditionally delivered in siloed point solutions–in a single, integrated cloud service. By consolidating with SASE, enterprises can:
- Reduce costs and complexity
- Provide centralized orchestration and real-time application optimization
- Help secure seamless access for users
- Enable more secure remote and mobile access
- Restrict access based on user, device, and application identity
- Improve security by applying consistent policy
- Increase network and security staff effectiveness with centralized management
SD-WAN networking is available via the cloud, on-premises, or as a blended combination of both. SASE connects Enterprise branches, teleworkers, and end users securely and reliably to applications in the cloud or data centers around the world.
Benefits of SD-WAN
- SD-WAN dramatically reduces CapEx and OpEx with less branch devices, lower recurring monthly costs and increased simplicity.
- SD-WAN allows you to deploy new sites and migrate existing sites more quickly while significantly driving up bandwidth to branch offices. Use of Broadband, fiber and even LTE make this possible.
- SD-WAN networks experience higher performance, reliability and resiliency for cloud, multicloud and on-premise applications for branch and home users.
TOP 3 SD WAN solutions for Business
- AireSpring Managed VeloCloud
AireSpring Managed SD-WAN
- Lumen Versa Networks
Versa Networks SD-WAN
- Fortinet SD WAN
Software Defined Networking helps transform your network infrastructure to streamline the transition to multi-cloud, SaaS, and digital transformation while improving application experience, security, and business resiliency.