1. My son hit his first little league home run. That pretty much overrides anything else that happened to me in 2020. #pride
2. The Mandalorian on Disney+, yes that is nerdy but as a life long Star Wars fan Mando and Baby Yoda made up for all the nonsense the new movies gave us.
3. Companies were forced to recognize the value and importance of technology. I mean come on, how cool is it to take conference calls from home in your jammies? We’ve been pitching the value of a hybrid workforce for years.
4. Walking into stores and restaurants with a Ninja mask on. Who hasn’t always wanted to do that?
5. My daughter got her first professional job as a graphic designer. After traveling the country watching her play collegiate soccer it felt so good to see her moving on to the next phase of life.
6. Spending more quality time with family outside. We live close to Zion National park and you would not believe the amount of people and plates from all over the country. We counted plates from 48 of the 50 states. People getting out in nature and spending time with family.
7. Talented people cooped up created awesome content on social media. I mean how about Mat and Savanna Shaw?
8. Mountain bike sales up 75% including $1billion in sales for the month of April alone. Hey its healthy, good for the economy right?
9. We got to get out and golf more. We even got to watch Tom Brady and Peyton Manning play golf with Phil Mickleson and Tiger Woods in “The Match” for COVID-19 relief. That was some entertainment!
10. We learned that homeschooling is hard and finally recognized teachers for the heroes that they are. I mean dang how do they get a room of 30 -13 years old’s to do anything?!
Here’s to hope for an even better year in 2021!